Monday, January 16, 2012

The End

Fox Cities Cheapster was begun as an effort to help my friends, family, and community gain the skills to live more thrifty lives. To that end, this blog has been successful. I've provided the connections and skills for my readers to go on from this blog and still save money.
Much of the information I have provided other bloggers also write about. My favorite local site, Green Bay Consumer, is the very best reference I can leave you with. Jennifer covers much of what I have covered and much more. My only wish is that she had a little bit more for Fox Valley readers specific to our area which no other writer seems to reference.Other useful blogs and links are referenced on my Favorite Savings Sites page. Remember that you can also reference my Printable Coupon Sites when you print out your monthly coupons.
I had hoped to continue writing this blog for at least a year, but I have not been able to find the time to effectively produce this blog without sacrificing a great deal of my family time and other comittments. The other day, I overheard my daughter ask my husband, "Why is Mom on the computer all the time?" I don't want my kids to grow up with the image of my face staring at a computer screen as their memory of me. These years with them are much to precious for that.
I've appreciated the time you, my reader, has spent reading this blog and walking this journey with me.

7 comments:

  1. Awe and I was so excited to find a Fox Valley blog. I completely understand. I used to make a big deal about not posting everyday and on a set schedule of this post on this day. Then I threw that out the window. Now it's when it happens it happens. I love GB Consumer too, but completely agree about specific closer to Appleton and surrounding cities deals. Dang, I might just have to start buying a local paper to get the SAL ad. That was really the only reason I bought it. Take care and thanks so much for your very informative blog. You hit it on the head about nobody really covering the Fox Valley (aside from GB Consumer). I'll miss your deals. Hugs!

    -Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can type & e-mail the SAL sales for you and you can post them to your blog? One thing per week wouldn't be too bad, and the SAL is rather small. Also, you can find small updates on the Little Chute SAL from its personal Facebook page. I don't know if he just launched it recently, or I just found out about it last week, but here it is: https://www.facebook.com/SaveALotJoe?ref=pb

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all you did Sara you will be truly missed by us all in the Valley! :( We do understand where you are coming from since most of us are also mom's or coupon clipping/saving dad's. :) Please know you definitely made the right decision and we will take the knowledge you taught us and use it daily!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh...I am so sad to hear this. I have read your site for months and I learned from you that Menasha Pig Doubles. I just started a website and am doing the launch today matter of fact. It will focus on NE Wisconsin and the Fox Cities since my mom lives there. We do lots of our shopping in the Valley. Please check out my site and please leave a reference if you approve of it. I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks for the great advice over the past months.
    Christie
    www.couponingwithchristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christie--I just checked out your blog. I look forward to seeing more information in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read so many articles or reviews on the topic
    of the blogger lovers but this article is in fact a good piece of writing, keep it up.


    Stop by my weblog :: bmi calculation
    Also see my web page > bmi calculator

    ReplyDelete